Dental Checkups in Franklin
Personalized Family Dentistry in Franklin, Tennessee
Dr. Anne Marie Ellis is the dentist taking new patients in Franklin, TN. The Longpoint Dental team looks forward to making each patient feel like they are part of our family. Call today to schedule an appointment at our state-of-the-art office.
Having your teeth examined at the dentist twice a year is one of the most important steps you can take to preserve your long-term oral and overall health. While brushing and flossing your teeth can help prevent common dental concerns, including cavities and gum disease, oral health issues can still develop. Routine dental checkups can ensure that your teeth stay in great shape and that dental problems are caught and treated as early as possible. Here’s what you need to know about dental checkups before scheduling your next appointment with Dr. Ellis at Longpoint Dental in Franklin.
What is a Dental Exam?
A dental exam is a preventative procedure that identifies potential oral health concerns. It is completed by a general dentist and is typically quick and painless. An exam ensures your teeth, gums, and soft tissues are healthy. If the dentist notices signs of disease or another problem, they will create a personalized treatment plan to restore your oral well-being.
What Happens at a Dental Exam?
At Longpoint Dental, our friendly team strives to make every dental exam as convenient, comfortable, and straightforward as possible. Here’s what you can expect to take place during your appointment with Dr. Ellis:
- X-Rays: Our dental team will take pictures of your mouth to see what is happening beneath the surface of your teeth and gums. This process is quick and painless.
- Examination: Dr. Ellis will carefully examine your teeth, gums, and the soft tissues of your mouth for signs of disease.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Along with looking for visible signs of oral cancer, such as sores that won’t heal or discoloration, she will also gently feel inside your mouth and around your neck for anything unusual, such as lumps.
- Treatment Recommendations: If Dr. Ellis discovers a cavity, gum recession, or some other dental concern, she will provide individualized treatment recommendations that will be used to restore the health of your smile as quickly and comfortably as possible.
What are the Benefits of Regular Dental Exams?
No one looks forward to going to the dentist, but having your teeth examined at the dentist twice a year can benefit people of all ages. Some of the benefits of regular dental exams include the following:
- Preventing oral health problems from developing
- Catching oral health problems early means your treatment plan can be smoother and less expensive
- Helping you maintain a beautiful smile
- Boosting self-esteem
How Often Should You Get a Dental Exam?
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that children and adults undergo routine dental exams a minimum of every six months. In some cases, your dentist may recommend that you have your teeth examined more frequently, such as if you’re diagnosed with gum disease or build up heavy tartar more rapidly.
Schedule Your Next Dental Exam at Longpoint Dental
You deserve to have healthy, beautiful teeth. If you can’t remember the last time you went to the dentist, you’re due for a routine dental exam, or you currently have an oral health concern that you’d like to have checked out, now is the perfect time to make your oral health a priority. Dr. Ellis and her team are ready to show you how simple maintaining a strong smile for life can be. Contact us today to schedule your next dental exam.